Optimisation of care pathways, supporting patients at home, self-management of long-term conditions and system efficiencies are all in scope for the Digital Health Partnership Award.
The second phase of the Digital Health Partnership Award is now open, giving NHS organisations in England another chance to bid for funding to help scale digital products and services that enable people to remotely monitor their health and care.
Following a successful first round of the funding, NHSX is once again be looking to support a number of digital projects – and here at Spirit, we can help.
Scope of funding
The Digital Health Partnership Award is available to support ready to deploy projects to accelerate the use of proven digital health technologies.
Your application can relate to one, or any combination of the following areas of scope:
- Optimisation of pathways or scaling of existing services that support patients at home or in a care home setting
- Patient-centred data exchange, improving the long-term, sustainable exchange of patient data
- Self-management advice and improved user experience for people with long-term conditions
- System efficiencies and digital solutions that support workforce management and capacity in remote care
The award cannot be used to support short-term adoption, siloed projects in terms of interoperability and data, or a programme of work that has already been funded.
Round 2 of the Digital Health Partnership Award opened on 1st November 2021.
Applications close on 10 December 2021 and the awards will be announced in late January 2022.
Why partner with us?
At Spirit, we are experts at supporting bids and partnering to deliver successful projects.
Our remote monitoring platform, CliniTouch Vie, has been implemented in multiple NHS Trusts across the UK, to empower patients living with long-term conditions to take control of their health. Here are some of the top reasons why you should partner with Spirit for your next project:
- We optimise care pathways to support patients living in care homes or in their own homes. Our software is scalable and can help Trusts monitor thousands of patients.
- CliniTouch Vie takes a preventative and proactive approach to health. As patients regularly answer questions about their health and wellbeing, whilst inputting vital sign readings, clinicians can spot early signs of deterioration and intervene quickly to prevent an emergency admission. Meanwhile, patients are given access to an array of educational resources to help them better manage their health and adopt a healthier lifestyle to prevent future health complications.
- Our platform helps extend capacity by enabling clinicians to manage more patients at once. The platform’s algorithms generate red/amber/green lists to help clinicians prioritise patients and thus work more efficiently.
- After each project, we evaluate the impact and findings with the help of our in-house health economist.
- Our technology is ready to deploy and can go live in as little as 2 weeks. We support you every step of the way from pathway co-design and stakeholder engagement, to training and deployment.
- We have published, proven results, demonstrating improved system efficiencies – from a 5% reduction in emergency admissions in COPD patients to decreasing average length of stay by 2.2 days with a COVID virtual ward. We’re also proud to have recorded patient satisfaction scores of over 90%.