It’s well known that the way the NHS manages long-term conditions is unsustainable. In this insight report, Simon Applebaum, managing director of Spirit Digital, explores how remote monitoring can play a crucial role in reengineering NHS pathways to help better manage vulnerable patients with long-terms conditions and pave the way for new models of continuous, preventative care.
This piece looks at the key challenges our health system faces today, including our ageing society, the COVID-19 pandemic and the growing number of patients living with long-term conditions. Understanding the impact these pressures have on healthcare, Simon explains how remote monitoring can improve the management of long-term conditions, making life easier for clinicians and patients alike.
Join a Digital Health Review
We want to support your digital health journey. The first step is a free digital health review. This is a one hour interactive session suitable for 4–6 people from the same STP, ICS or CCG.
The review will help you to:
- Identify where within your healthcare system you can best capitalise on digital opportunities
- Identify the steps to implement a pathway incorporating a digital solution
- Manage key stakeholders to ensure successful collaboration and positive engagement
- Look at the ways remote monitoring can deliver health system benefits
- Assess your specific opportunities and pain points
- Understand the most appropriate implementation model that fits you
- Work with our expert team to help you deliver change at scale
We will tailor the session to suit you and your organisation and each participant will receive a personalised digital health report.
You may also be interested in our case study about our partnership with Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust and our mission to empower patients with long-term conditions to self-manage at home.